Manila, are you ready for the biggest gathering of the most talented filmmakers in the country? Make sure you are as Cinemalaya, now on its eighth year, wants to reach a bigger audience and adds two more locations for film screenings: Greenbelt 3 and Trinoma. The festival will run from July 20th to 29th at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
Here is an overview on what to expect this year on Cinemalaya:
NEW BREED SHORT FILM CATEGORY
Bohe: Sons of the Waves by Nadjoua E. Bansil
Pasahero by Mario Celeda
As He Sleeps by Sheron Dayoc
Balintuna by Emmanuel Escalona Jr.
Victor by Jarell M. Serencio
Ang Paghihintay sa Bulong by Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo
Manenaya (Waiting) by Richard Legaspi
Ruweda by Hannah Espia
Sarong Aldaw by Marianito Dio Jr.
Ulian (Senility) by Chuck Gutierrez
NEW BREED CATEGORY
1. Ang Katiwala (The Caretaker) by Aloy Adlawan
2. Ang Nawawala (What Isn’t There) by Marietta “Marie” Jamora
3. Oros by Paul Sta. Ana and Obet Villela
4. Apparition by Vincent Sandoval / Darlene Malimas
5. Mga Dayo (Resident Aliens) by Julius Sotomayor Cena
6. Diablo by Mes De Guzman
7. Intoy Syokoy ng Kalye Marino by Lemuel Lorca and Jerry Gracio
8. REQUIEME by Loy Arcenas
9. Santa Nina by Emmanuel Q.Palo
10. The Animals by Gino Santos
DIRECTORS SHOWCASE CATEGORY
1. Bwakaw by Jun Lana
2. Kalayaan (Wildlife) by Adolfo B. Alix Jr.
3. Kamera Obskura by Raymond Red
4. Posas by Jeffrey Jeturian
5. Mga Mumunting Lihim by Jose Javier Reyes
To learn more about Cinemalaya 2012, check out the Schedule of Film Screenings (PDF/Facebook Note) and this for tickets and passes.
Like https://www.facebook.com/Cinemalaya2012 for more updates.